An extraction is the removal of a tooth or teeth for various reasons. Among them are the following:
-wisdom teeth causing pain
-teeth are loose
The pricing per extraction (pull out a tooth) varies
1) Simple Extraction – $60
includes teeth that have movement with deteriorated bone and are complete in structure
2) Surgical or Root Extraction – $90
includes teeth that have no movement with adequate bone or teeth that are broken
3) Non Impacted Wisdom Tooth Extraction – $110
4) Partially Impacted Wisdom Tooth Extraction – $150
5) Completely Impacted Wisdom Tooth Extraction – $190
WISDOM TEETH CAN CAUSE PAIN AND DAMAGE THE ROOTS OF SURROUNDING TEETH
1) ALL PATIENTS MUST READ & SIGN A PATIENT CONSENT FORM FOR EXTRACTIONS.
2) The tooth that is to receive an extraction is numbed with local anesthetic. Prior to the injection a small amount of cherry flavored topical is placed in order to prevent or reduce the pain associated with a dental numbing shot. Bartell Dental will always try to deliver a pain-less shot to ease our patients because we care about you.
3) Once the tooth to be extracted is completely numb, special dental instruments called elevators and forceps are used to loosen and remove the tooth.
4) When the tooth is removed, it takes 12-24 weeks for the area to heal completely and fill up with bone. The healing time varies depending on the type of tooth removed, size of the roots, etc.